Experienced front-end web developer
[THIS ROLE HAS NOW BEEN FILLED]
We are looking for an additional front-end developer to join our small, friendly studio team.
The role is ideal for someone that has gained several years’ commercial experience in a junior or middle-weight position and is looking for their next challenge or career step.
Necessary skills and competencies:
- Two years’ commercial experience (we will consider less if the candidate can demonstrate that they have the right skills)
- Thorough working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud
- Excellent knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Experience creating, managing and maintaining WordPress websites
- Ability to turn Adobe XD designs into functional HTML and CSS web templates with attention to detail
- Strong literacy and numeracy skills
- Ability to use project management and communication platforms such as Basecamp and Slack
- Experience of working with ExpressionEngine, Magento 2 and Laravel
- Good understanding of PHP
- Working knowledge of SASS
- Experience of using Git for version control
- Experience with cPanel including the setting up of site accounts and email addresses
The person we choose will:
- Be self-motivated, have initiative and able to manage their time effectively.
- Be curious and a natural problem solver, but not afraid to ask for help.
- Be able to work to deadlines and thrive on being busy.
- Be a confident communicator and a team player.
- Have thoughts and opinions – we want someone that contributes to the direction of our projects and our business.
Our clients range from local and regional brands to national and international names, together with white label projects and collaborative work. The strong relationships we build with clients and collaborators is central to how we work; the right candidate will be able to explain the complex processes and technologies involved in web projects in plain English.
Our studio is in the centre of Lincoln and, though we will support you with flexible and home working, the candidate must be able to travel to the studio when necessary. The workplace has comprehensive Covid-19 safety measures in place. In exchange, we provide guarded city centre parking free of charge during the week and weekend.
The position comes with a competitive salary based on experience and 28 days paid leave per year, plus Bank Holidays and your birthday.
Please email your CV and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01522 837 241 for a confidential chat about the role.